November 6, 2015
"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!"
-Psalm 100:4 ESV
During this time of year it is very easy to see the hand of God. The color of the trees, the changing season within the climate, continued green grass. These are simple reminder to the goodness that God bestows upon us. The season of the harvest also brings a great time of thanks.
Spending the first ten years of my life on a northern Wisconsin farm run by my parents was a constant reminder of the harvest, and most years a time to be thankful for the harvest of the crops, but, every year to be thankful for the Harvest brought in by the greatest planter of all.
This Thanksgiving, I wanted to share with you some of the things that I am thankful for:
1. The rich love of a Lord and Savior, who takes me for who I am and loves me anyway.
2. Family…Linda, my wife, our four children, a daughter-in-law and son-in-law.
3. Emma, our first grandchild, and soon (within days) a second grandchild to be born to my daughter, Katie and son-in-law, Joe.
4. Packer football.
5. Badger basketball
6. Orioles baseball (Not their ownership, however!)
7. Dairy Queen coming to NYC
8. A beat up 2004 Grand Marquis that looks horrible, but gets me from place to place and is a constant memory of my dad, who gave me the car six years ago before he passed.
9. The best students in the world at Martin Luther School….God gave me more than four of my own!!
10. Martin Luther School
11. St. Mark’s Lutheran Church
Each day I have the opportunity for personal devotions prior to starting my day as an administrator, and each day during that time I am able to see the love of Jesus in my life, and the manifold blessings that are always there for us.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving, certainly He is the Lord of the Harvest!!