Martin Luther School Announces K-Grade 2 Charter School Partnership.
Posted May 11, 2020
“Our goal in 2020 and beyond is to continue to be a small, nurturing, Christian school with emphasis on being able to help our students on a one-on-one basis,” stated MLS Board of Directors President, Mike Jakob. “Staying small and nurturing provides unique challenges, especially considering that MLS held more than 600 students at our peak,” he continued. Based on this, the Board of Directors has endeavored to find appropriate ways to better utilize our facility while maintaining the highest standards for our students.
MLS Executive Director, Jim Regan, outlined the plan. “Beginning in the fall of 2020, the 3rd floor of our building will be used by a Kindergarten-Grade 2, The Renaissance Charter School,” he explained. “This is a short term (2-3 years) agreement while they construct their new facility, which will provide several opportunities for MLS resulting from the additional revenue.
· A tuition freeze for at least 2 years for all students
· Significant Infrastructure improvements to our building including the following highlights and more:
1. Improved WiFi in support of our 1:1 iPad Learning, which launched last fall
2. General improvements to the classrooms & offices on our 3rd floor
3. Exterior improvements- new first floor entry doors and pedestrian and vehicular entry ways on Maspeth Avenue
4. Capital to begin offering an opportunity for high-level after-school learning programs for both our students and our community
5. Additional Revenue to build our endowment in order to make more scholarship opportunities available to future MLS students
“More details will follow as they unfold,” said Regan. “When everything is in place, we look forward to having our parents, and anyone from our local community who is interested, come see it for themselves,” he concluded.